Systems thinking : selected readings / edited by F. E. Emery.
- Harmondsworth : Penguin Books, 1969.
- Bungay : Richard Clay (The Chaucer Press) Ltd
- Penguin modern management readings.
Penguin Education ; no. 71.
Penguin modern management readings.
Penguin education ; no. 71.
398 pages : illustrations ; 18 cm.
- System analysis.
- Place of Publication:
- England London.
- Describes a way of looking at phenomena from biolocgical systems to social systems.
- Part I. Precendents to systems theory
A logic of systems / A. Angyal
The structure and function of organization / J. Feibleman and J.W. Friend
Part II. Properties of open systems
Closed and open systems / W. Koehler
The theory of open systems in physics and biology / L. von Bertalanffy
Common characteristics of open systems / D. Katz and R.L. Kahn
Self-regulation and requisite variety / W.R. Ashby
Certain peculiarities of organisms as a system from the point of view of physics, cybernetics, and biology / V.I. Kremyanskiy
The abstract characteristics of living systems / G. Sommerhoff
Part III. The environment of a system
A tentative classification of goal-seeking behaviours / M.P. Schutzenberger
Rational choice and the structure of the environment / H.A. Simon
Adaptation in the multistable system / W.R. Ashby
The causal texture of organizational environments / F.E. Emery and E.L. Trist
Part IV. Human organizations as systems
Foundations of the theory of organizations / P. Selznick
Socio-technical systems / F.E. Emery and E.L. Trist
A formalization of functionalism / E. Nagel
Systems, organizations, and interdisciplinary research / R.L. Ackoff
Part V. Systems management
Economic development, research and development, policy making : some converging views / A.O. Hirschman and C.E. Lindblom
The road to 1977 / M. Ways.
- "Made and printed in Great Britain by Richard Clay (The Chaucer Press) Ltd, Bungay, Suffolk"--verso of title page.
Advertisements: 2 pages at end.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Penn Libraries Rare copy gifted by Dr. Mark B. Adams in 2018.
- Penn Provenance:
- Adams, Mark B., (former owner) (Adams copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Emery, F. E. (Frederick Edmund), editor, editor.
Penguin (Firm), publisher.
Richard Clay (The Chaucer Press), printer.
Mark B. Adams Emergence of Modern Science Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|