Emerging technologies for librarians : a practical approach to innovation / Sharon Q. Yang, LiLi Li
- Amsterdam : CP/Chandos Publishing, 
- Chandos information professional series.
Chandos information professional series
xiii, 285 pages : color illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Libraries -- Technological innovations.
- "Prevailing technologies are penetrating every aspect of library activities and provide ways for librarians to enhance library services. Emerging Technologies for Librarians focuses on practical applications of emerging technologies in libraries, defining the technologies in the context of their use in real situations. Each chapter includes an overview of the use of emerging technologies in a particular work area followed by a list of relevant applications. Chapters cover particular work areas such as advertising, distance learning, metadata and digital libraries. Remaining chapters focus on applications such as mobile computing and web conferencing, followed by a conclusion. This book will serve as a guide for those who want to learn and implement available technologies to enhance library services and what emerging technologies are available for a specific area of work."--back cover.
- Emerging technologies impacting libraries in the twenty-first century
Library management services
Web-scale discovery services
Metadata management and the semantic web
Library mobile endeavors
Evolving digital library and library digitization
Online research instruction
Virtual and remote reference
Library public services promoted by social media
Understanding web design and web content management
Assessment and evaluation in academic learning environments
Altmetrics and research support
Online collaboration tools.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Li, Lili, author.
Anne and Joseph Trachtman Memorial Book Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|