Crete beyond the palaces [electronic resource] : proceedings of the Crete 2000 Conference / edited by Leslie Preston Day, Margaret S. Mook, James D. Muhly.
- Philadelphia : INSTAP Academic Press, 2004.
- Conference Name:
- Crete 2000 Conference (2000 : Athens, Greece)
- Prehistory monographs ; 10.
Prehistory monographs ; 10
1 online resource.
- Crete (Greece) -- Antiquities -- Congresses.
Excavations (Archaeology) -- Greece -- Crete -- Congresses.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
Master and use copy. Digital master created according to Benchmark for Faithful Digital Reproductions of Monographs and Serials, Version 1. Digital Library Federation, December 2002. http://purl.oclc.org/DLF/benchrepro0212
- This volume presents the papers from the conference ""Crete 2000: A Centennial Celebration of American Archaeological Work on Crete (1900-2000), "" held in Athens from July 10-12, 2000. The American School of Classical Studies at Athens and the Institute for Aegean Prehistory (INSTAP) Study Center for East Crete organized the conference. Scholars participating in the American and joint Greek-American excavations on Crete or studying material from these excavations were invited to present papers at the conference. The volume is divided into the following sections: Trade, Society and Religion, Ch.
- History of American excavations on Crete / Geraldine C. Gesell
Pseira and Knossos: The transformation of an East Cretan Seaport / Philip P. Betancourt
The incised and relief lily jars from Mochlos / Thomas M. Brogan
Kommos: The sea-gate to Southern Crete / Joseph W. Shaw
A possible Minoan harbor on South Crete / Elpida Hadjidaki
The 'Big House' at Vronda and the 'Great House' at Karphi: evidence for social structure in LM IIIC Crete / Leslie Preston Day and Lynn M. Snyder
Gournia, Vronda Kavousi, Kephala Vasilikis: a triad of interrelated shrines of the expiring Minoan age on the Isthmus of Ierapetra / Theodore Eliopoulos
The architecture of the late Minoan IIIC Shrine (building G) at Vronda, Kavousi / Nancy L. Klein
Halasmenos, destroyed but not invisible: new insights on the LM IIIC period in the Isthmus of Ierapetra. First presentation of the pottery from the 1992-1997 campaigns / Metaxia Tsipopoulou
Household analysis in dark age Crete / Kevin T. Glowacki
Religion at Minoan Kommos / Maria C. Shaw
New construction at Mochlos in the LM IB Period / Jeffrey S. Soles
From foundation to abandonment: new ceramic phasing for the late Bronze Age and early Iron Age on the Kastro at Kavousi / Margaret S. Mook
Writing on the walls. The architectural context of archaic Cretan laws / Paula Perlman
Eleutherna and the Greek world ca. 600-400 B.C. / Brice Erickson
The late Hellenistic period in east Crete / Natalia Vogeikoff-Brogan
Past and present perspectives on archaeological landscapes of Mirabello / Donald C. Haggis
Vrokastro and the settlement pattern of the LM IIIA-geometric periods / Barbara J. Hayden
Western Crete in the Bronze Age: a survey of the evidence / Jennifer Moody
South of Kavousi, east of Mochlos: the west Siteia Mountains at the end of the Bronze Age / Krzysztof Nowicki
Chrysokamino and the beginnings of metal technology on Crete and in the Aegean / James D. Muhly
Mochlos and Melos: a special relationship? Creating identity and status in Minoan Crete / Tristan Carter
LM III Mochlos and the regional consumption of pottery / R. Angus K. Smith.
- "Includes the papers from the conference 'Crete 2000: A Centennial Celebration of American Archaeological Work on Crete (1900-2000), ' held in Athens from July 10-12, 2000"--Page [xv].
Includes bibliographical references.
Print version record.
- Day, Leslie Preston.
Mook, Margaret S., 1960-
Muhly, James David.
Institute for Aegean Prehistory.
- Other format:
- Print version: Crete 2000 Conference (2000 : Athens, Greece). Crete beyond the palaces.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|