- New York, Viking Press 
147 pages 22 cm
- Orphans -- Juvenile fiction.
Romanies -- Juvenile fiction.
England -- Juvenile fiction.
Tsiganes -- Ouvrages pour la jeunesse.
-- fre Orphelins -- Ouvrages pour la jeunesse.
- Childrens subjects:
- Orphans -- Fiction.
Romanies -- Fiction.
Prejudices -- Fiction.
England -- Fiction.
- Domestic fiction.
Kizzy Lovell, a 7-year old gypsy, wanted no part of school because of the derisive cries of her schoolmates. When her Great-Great-Gran died, Kizzy would have been wholly alone except for Admiral Twist and Miss Brooke. Learning how to accept their kindness proves as great a trial as the persistent cruelties of her schoolgirl peers, and the learning is not all on Kizzy's side.
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy is second printing, October 1972.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has stamp "Joseph Mitchell His Book The New Yorker ... New York City" on front flyleaf.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
Mitchell, Joseph, 1908-1996 (stamp) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Books that Build Character : A Guide to Teaching Your Child Moral Values Through Stories / William Kilpatrick and Gregory and Suzanne M. Wolfe.
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|