Kıya-yı Hazret-i Yûsuf Zulaykhâ. = كيايۀ حضرت يوسف زليخا.
- Standardized Title:
- Yūsuf va Zulaykhā. Ottoman Turkish
ىوسف و زلىخا. Ottoman Turkish
218 leaves : paper ; 170 x 115 (123 x 65) mm bound to 170 x 120 mm.
- Joseph (Son of Jacob) -- Poetry.
Potiphar's wife (Biblical figure) -- Poetry.
- Manuscripts, Renaissance.
Manuscripts, Turkish -- 16th century.
- Ottoman Turkish with some Arabic (Arabic script)
- Turkish translation of the Persian adaptation of the story of Joseph and Potiphar's wife.
- Ms. codex.
Collation: Paper, 218; 1-2¹⁰ 3⁸ 4-22¹⁰; [1-216, i-ii], modern foliation in pencil, upper center recto.
Layout: Written in 2 columns of 15 lines.
Decoration: Illuminated headpiece (f. 1v); border of written area ruled in red ink (except for gold borders, f. 1v-2r); headings written in blue, gold, or red ink.
Binding: Leather; spine damaged. Type 3 binding.
Origin: Written in 1575 (date from colophon, f. 216v).
- Penn Provenance:
- Gift of Mayer Sulzberger to the library of the Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning (bookplate inside right cover).
- Sulzberger, Mayer, 1843-1923, donor.
Dropsie College for Hebrew and Cognate Learning, former owner.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|