Laghuśabdenduśekhara, circa 1700-1850. = लघुशब्देन्दुशेखर, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (60 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 28 cm.
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita. Siddhāntakaumudī.
Sanskrit language -- Grammar.
Sanskrit language -- Affixes.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Nāgeśabhaṭṭa, also referred to as Nāgojī Bhaṭṭa, is the son of Satī and Śiva Bhaṭṭa Upādhyāya; a grammatical commentator from the late 17th and early 18th centuries.
- Manuscript is employed for consultation or teaching and is a grammatical commentary on Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's Siddhāntakaumudī, particularly emphasizing religious aspects or qualities of traditional grammatical treatises as well as elevating the ancient grammarians such as Pāṇini and Patāñjali to a semi-divine status. The text comments on the latter section of Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's work, including word affixes (kṛt) and how meaning is changed (for example, changing roots to nouns).
- Title from colophon (f. 60r).
Written in 11 lines per leaf.
60 leaves foliated 1-60, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: ity śrīmadupādhyāyopanāmakaśivabhaṭṭasutasatīgarbhajanāgeśamaracite laghuśabdeṃduśekharāṇye siddhāṃtakaumudīvyākhyāne uttarārdhaṃ samāptam // śrīṃgaṃgāviśvaṃśvarābhyāṃ namaḥ // (f. 60r).
Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with double black line.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 2593 (UP 1736).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1736.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1736
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|