The complete Lester Young studio sessions on Verve [electronic resource].
- Other Title:
- Lester Young studio sessions on Verve
- New York : Verve Records, p1999.
- Jazz music library
- Sound recording
1 online resource.
- Alternate takes (Sound recordings)
Jazz -- 1941-1950.
Jazz -- 1951-1960.
Saxophone music (Jazz)
- CD 1. Back to the land ; I cover the waterfront : [2 takes] ; Somebody loves me ; I've found a new baby ; The man I love ; Peg o' my heart ; I want to be happy ; Mean to me ; Too marvelous for words : [2 takes] ; 'Deed I do ; Encore ; Polka dots and moonbeams ; Up 'n Adam ; Three little words ; Count every star : [2 takes] ; It all depends on you ; Neenah : [3 takes]
CD 2. Jeepers, creepers ; Thou swell : [2 takes] ; September in the rain ; Undercover girl blues ; Frenesi ; Pete's cafe ; Little Pee blues ; A foggy day ; In a little Spanish town ; Let's fall in love ; Down 'n' Adam ; Lester swings ; Slow motion blues ; Ad lib blues ; Just you, just me ; Tea for two ; Indiana ; These foolish things ; I can't get started
CD 3: Star dust ; It takes two to tango ; On the sunny side of the street ; Almost like being in love ; I can't give you anything but love ; There will never be another you ; I'm confessin' ; Willow weep for me ; This can't be love ; Can't we be friends? ; Tenderly ; New D.B blues ; Jumpin' at the Woodside ; I can't believe that you're in love with me ; Oh, lady, be good! ; Another mambo ; Come rain or come shine ; Rose room ; Somebody loves me ; Touch me again ; It don't mean a thing : if it ain't got that swing
CD 4: I'm in the mood for love ; Big top blues ; Mean to me ; That's all : [2 takes] ; Red boy blues ; Pennies from heaven ; She's funny that way ; One o'clock jump ; It's the talk of the town ; I've found a new baby ; I guess I'll have to change my plan
CD 5: I didn't know what time it was ; Gigantic blues ; This year's kisses ; You can depend on me ; Pres returns ; Prisoner of love ; Taking a chance on love ; All of me ; Louise ; Love is here to stay ; Love me or leave me
CD 6: St Tropez : [2 takes] ; Flic ; Ballad medley : A ghost of a chance ; I cover the waterfront ; Love is here to stay ; Sunday ; Perdido ; Waldorf blues : [2 takes] ; Sunday ; You're getting to be a habit with me
CD 7: You're getting to be a habit with me : master take ; Romping ; Gypsy in my soul ; Please don't talk about me when I'm gone ; They can't take that away from me ; Salute to Benny ; Ballad medley : The very thought of you ; I want a little girl ; Blue and sentimental ; Mean to me ; I didn't know what time it was ; Oh, lady, be good! ; Almost like being in love ; Three little words ; I cover the waterfront ; I can't get started
CD 8: Indiana ; Pennies from heaven ; New D.B. blues ; Lullaby of birdland ; There will never be another you ; Tea for two.
- Lester Young, tenor saxophone, clarinet, vocal ; with, variously: Nat "King" Cole, Hank Jones, John Lewis, Oscar Peterson, Teddy Wilson, Lou Stein, Gildo Mahones, René Urtreger, piano ; Gene Ramey, George Duvivier, Ray Brown, Joe Shulman, John Ore, Jamil Nasser, bass ; Kenny Clarke, Jo Jones, Bill Clark, Buddy Rich, J.C. Heard, Connie Kay, Louie Bellson, Mickey Sheen, drums ; Freddie Green, Herb Ellis, Barney Kessel, Jimmy Gourley, guitar ; Jesse Drakes, Harry "Sweets" Edison, Roy Eldridge, trumpet ; Vic Dickenson, trombone.
- Jazz ensembles.
Program notes, glossary of jazz slang, performer biographies and discographical details (103 p. : ill. (some col.)) inserted in original container.
Recorded Mar. 1946-Mar. 2, 1959.
Electronic reproduction. Alexandria, VA : Alexander Street Press, 2009. (Jazz music library). Available via World Wide Web.
- Alexander Street Press.
- Other format:
- 314 547 087-2
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|