Madhyasiddhāntakaumudī, circa 1700-1850. = मध्यसिद्धान्तकौमुदी, १७००-१८५०.
- Standardized Title:
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (105 leaves) : paper ; 12 x 25 cm.
- Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita. Siddhāntakaumudī.
Sanskrit language -- Grammar.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- 17th-century grammarian and student of Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita, known for his commentary and abridgements of his teacher's work.
- Manuscript was used for consultation or study and is an abridgment (laghu) of Bhaṭṭojī Dīkṣita's well-known grammatical treatise and commentary, the Siddhāntakaumudī; the second section is called the Tiṅanta.
- Title from abbreviations in margins; alternate title Laghusiddhāntakaumudī supplied by cataloger.
Written in 7-9 lines per leaf.
105 leaves foliated 1-105, upper left and lower right verso.
Colophon: iti lakārārthaprakriyā // iti tiḍataprakriyāḥ // śubham astu // (f. 105r).
Scribe is Vaiṣṇavalakṣmaṇa Dāsa (f. 105r).
Mistakes covered over in yellow or blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins; significant syllables, words, or phrases highlighted in red throughout; vertical margins marked with single black line; some folios are covered with yellow turmeric powder to protect the manuscript from insects.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 2625 (UP 1747).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1747.
- Dāsa, Vaiṣṇavalakṣmaṇa, scribe.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1747
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|