Woodwork : Wallace Wood 1927-1981 / edited by Frédéric Manzano.
- San Diego, Calif. : IDW, 2012.
341 pages : illustrations ; 33 cm
- Wood, Wallace.
Science fiction -- Illustrations.
- Place of Publication:
- United States California San Diego.
- "Wally Wood is one of the most celebrated comic artists of all time. His legendary career runs from the glory days of EC Comics extraordinary line of science fiction titles to the brilliantly subversive Mad Comics (and, later, Magazine). He produced extraordinary illustrations for magazines like Galaxy after EC folded, and worked on the some of the most fondly remembered stories published by Marvel Comics in the mid 1960s. He also co-created the T.H.U.N.D.E.R. Agents and was a pioneer in self-publishing. This massive tome is the American edition of a museum catalogue that accompanied a gigantic career retrospective on display in De Palma Spain in 2010, the largest such exhibit ever devoted to this incredible artist."--The publisher.
- Presentation / Florentino Flórez
An unlikely legend / Bill Pearson
Woodwork / Florentino Flórez
1927-1959: The best years of our lives
They called him Woody
The early years / Roger Hill
When we were great
Wally against Harvey
Summer of 52
Ray Bradbury, Wally Wood and the EC Comic Book adaptations / Jerry Weist
On top of the world
Make 'em laugh!
The end of an epoch
The king and Wood
1960-1969: Between two worlds
Chewing gum and pills
The king of the game
The sound of thunder
Other possible worlds
Little Big Wally
1970-1981: Gods or monsters?
Swords and sorcery
Copy and paste
Science fiction, gods and reality
A tireless worker
The king returns
The sad goodbye
Is this all there is?
- Catalog of the exhibition "Woodwork : Wallace Wood 1927-1981" held at Casal Solleric, Sep. 16-Nov. 7, 2010.
In English and Spanish.
- Local notes:
- Comics Collection copy purchased for the Penn Libraries from Locust Moon Comics in 2016.
- Penn Chronology:
- IDW Publishing, publisher.
Comics Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|