A treatise on the sublime / by Dionysius Longinus ; translated from the Greek by Mr. Welsted.
- Standardized Title:
- On the sublime. English. Welsted
- The third edition, corrected.
- Dublin : Printed for Sam. Fuller, at the Globe in Meath-Street by Eliz. Sadleir, and sold by the booksellers, 1727.
100 pages ; 16 cm (8vo)
- hehe etto heat Anne (3) 1727 (A)
- Sublime, The -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Ireland Dublin.
- First edition of Welsted's translation issued in 1712.
Work ttributed to Longinus, the name assigned to the 1st cent. author of the treatise; formerly incorrectly attributed to rhetorician and philosopher Dionysius Cassius Longinus, ca. 213-273.
ESTC N14079 has section "The fragments of Dionysius" on pages 101-135 but this work is a different edition as congugate leaves following page 100 are blank.
- Local notes:
- RBC copy has bookplate of Archibald Elias on back pastedown.
RBC copy with signature "Tho. Wright" on title page.
- Penn Provenance:
- Elias, Archibald C. (bookplate) (donor) (RBC copy)
Wright, Thomas (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Fuller, Samuel, -1736, bookseller.
Sadleir, Elizabeth, active 1715-1722, printer.
Welsted, Leonard, 1688-1747.
Longinus, Cassius, approximately 213-273.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|