Crimes against nature : how George W. Bush and his corporate pals are plundering the country and high-jacking our democracy / Robert F. Kennedy.
- 1st ed.
- New York : HarperCollins, ©2004.
vii, 244 pages ; 22 cm
- Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-
Environmental policy -- United States.
Anti-environmentalism -- United States.
Pressure groups -- United States.
United States -- Politics and government -- 2001-2009.
Bush, George W. (George Walker), 1946-
Politics and government
- "In this indictment of George W. Bush's White House, Robert F. Kennedy, Jr., the country's most prominent environmental attorney, charges that this administration has taken corporate cronyism to such unprecedented heights that it now threatens our health, our national security, and democracy as we know it." "In a headlong pursuit of private profit and personal power, Kennedy writes, George Bush and his administration have eviscerated the laws that have protected our nation's air, water, public lands, and wildlife for the past thirty years, enriching the president's political contributors while lowering the quality of life for the rest of us." "Crimes Against Nature is ultimately about the corrosive effect of corporate corruption on our core American values - free-market capitalism and democracy. It is about an administration, the author argues, that has sacrificed respect for the law, public health, scientific integrity, and long-term economic vitality on the altar of corporate greed. It is a book for both Democrats and Republicans, people like the traditionally conservative farmers and fishermen Kennedy represents in lawsuits against polluters."--Jacket.
- The mess in Texas
Back to the dark ages
The first round
Blueprint for plunder
Killing the energy bill
What liberal media?
- Local notes:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has dustjacket retained.
Gotham Book Mart Collection copy has publisher invoice laid in at front.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|