The art of social enterprise : business as if people mattered / Carl Frankel and Allen Bromberger.
- Gabriola, BC : New Society Publishers, c2013.
xii, 195 p. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Social entrepreneurship.
Social responsibility of business.
- Introduces a business model driven by the desire to create positive change through entrepreneurial activities. It includes an overview of this rapidly growing field, as well as proven strategies for success.
- Machine generated contents note: Section One This Thing Called Social Enterprise
ch. 1 New World, New Rules
Why Social Enterprise?
About This Book
About the Authors
ch. 2 Portrait of a Tribe-in-Progress
Defining Social Enterprise
Not Left or Right
Variations on a Theme
Species of Social Enterprise
ch. 3 Battle of the Worldviews
Is Social Enterprise Subversive?
A Transitional Phase
Section Two Key IMP-gredients
ch. 4 Intention Is Where the Heart Is
The Primacy of Intention
The Brands the Thing
ch. 5 Money Matters
A Catch-22 for Hungries
Capital Market, Here We Come
The Valuation Conundrum
The Specter of Litigation
Is the Capital Market Less Capital for Social Entrepreneurs?
Sharing the Wealth
ch. 6 The Social Enterprise as People Person
Make Like a Partner
Building a Strong Team
Contents note continued: ch. 7 Decisions, Decisions, Decisions
Early Stage Start-Up
- The Compass of the Heart
Interview with a Hungry
- Getting the Horses Lined up in the Gate
Do Me a Solid
- Preserving the Mission with Investors
An Adapter Comes in from the Cold
Section Three The Social Zentrepreneur
ch. 8 The Myth America Pageant
Mainstream Myths About Business
Counternarratives About Power and Leadership
The Coachman and the Narratives
ch. 9 Carl and Allen's Ten Commandments
Commandment One Respect Money
Commandment Two Be Intensely Strategic
Commandment Three Insist on Quality
Commandment Four KISS (Keep It Simple, Stupid)
Commandment Five Be Willing to Compromise on Everything but Your Integrity
Commandment Six Know Thyself
Commandment Seven Get Support
Commandment Eight Cultivate a Healthy Relationship with Your (Ad)Venture
Commandment Nine Take Care of Yourself
Contents note continued: Commandment Ten Keep Dancing on the High Wire
ch. 10 Overcoming Entrepreneur's Disease
Please Let Me Bring You Down
An Anxiety Management Protocol.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Mark and Aimee Rosenbaum Library Fund.
- Bromberger, Allen.
Mark and Aimee Rosenbaum Library Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|