Rappaccini's daughter / Nathaniel Hawthorne ; [foreword by Simon Schama].
- Standardized Title:
- Works. Selections. 2003
- London : Hesperus Press, ©2003.
- 100 pages.
xviii, 90 pages ; 20 cm.
- New England -- Social life and customs -- Fiction.
- Short stories, American.
Horror tales, American.
- "Part fairy tale, part Gothic horror story, Hawthorne's 'Rappaccini's Daughter' is an inspired tale of creation and control, and an ingenious biblical parody. Its fantastical element is brilliantly echoed in the two other short stories contained in this volume: 'Young Goodman Brown' sees one of Salem's townsmen introduced to a dark ceremony of diabolical intent, whilst 'A Select Party' tells of a magical party, set in a castle in the sky, and attended by a host of glittering guests." "Read together, these three short stories exemplify Hawthorne's key thematic concerns, and display all his art as a storyteller."--Jacket.
- Rappaccini's daughter
Young Goodman Brown
A select party.
- Includes bibliographical references.
- Penn Provenance:
- Gotham Book Mart (former owner) (Gotham Book Mart Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Schama, Simon.
Gotham Book Mart Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|