Paradise lost / John Milton.
- Philadelphia : Henry Altemus Company, [1912?]
- Altemus' illustrated vademecum series ; no. 150
192, 192,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Imprint date conjectured from titles listed in publisher's advertisement. None were issued later than 1912; no books issued in 1913 are listed.
Series statement from label on box.
Plates: frontispiece illustration and title leaf (the latter with title, author's name and imprint in red within stylized floriate green border).
"Publications of Henry Altemus Company": P. - (third count).
Binding: full green publisher's cloth; left board has stylized gold-stamped rose tree within gold-ruled border, the branches forming a circle on upper portion of board within which the title is stamped in gold; gold-stamped spine. Housed in a red box with printed label containing title and series statement.
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Milton Collection copy: divisional title leaf of vol. 2 bound in out of order after introduction to vol. 2.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree) (Milton Collection copy)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor) (Milton Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|