Physical Biology of Proteins and Peptides [electronic resource] : Theory, Experiment, and Simulation / edited by Luis Olivares-Quiroz, Orlando Guzmán-López, Hector Eduardo Jardón-Valadez.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
1 online resource
- Life sciences.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This book covers the latest developments in the physical biology of proteins and peptides. Key insights into microscopic and macroscopic approaches to describe biologically relevant macromolecules and their interactions are provided. This book also covers a wide range of tools, including theoretical methods as statistical mechanics, normal mode analysis, kinetic theory and stochastic processes, and all-atom and coarse-grained molecular dynamics simulations. New experimental techniques are also discussed, particularly related to amiloidogenic peptides and their mutations. This is an excellent book for molecular biologists, physicists, computational scientists, and chemists. It covers cutting-edge research in this exciting, interdisciplinary research field. This book also: Discusses the latest developments in the physical biology of proteins, peptides and enzymes covering theoretical, computational, and experimental approaches Broadens readers’ understanding on the role of intra- and inter-molecular interactions as a fundamental cornerstone of macroscopic biological properties of macromolecules Provides a wide and useful perspective on different aspects of the physics, biology, and chemistry of proteins and peptides suitable for interdisciplinary research .
- Chapter 1 The structural determinants of the immunoglobulin light chain amyloid aggregation
Chapter 2 Thermodynamics and kinetics of amyloid aggregation from atomistic simulations
Chapter 3 Determination of the size of the primary and secondary folding nuclei of protofibrils from the concentration dependence of the rate and the lag-time of their formation
Chapter 4 Modulation of cholera toxin structure/function by Hsp90
Chapter 5 Function, structure and stability of human gamma D crystallins: A review
Chapter 6 Protein motions, dynamic effects and thermal stability in dihydrofolate reductase from the hyperthermophile Thermotoga maritime
Chapter 7 Ab initio folding of glycophorin A and acetylcholine M2 transmembrane segments via simplified environment molecular simulations
Chapter 8 Multi-scale approaches to dynamical transmission of protein allostery
Chapter 9 Dynamics of membrane proteins and lipid bilayers
Chapter 10 What makes a transcriptional master regulator? A systems biology approach.
- Olivares-Quiroz, Luis. editor.
Guzmán-López, Orlando. editor.
Jardón-Valadez, Hector Eduardo. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-21687-4 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|