Triticale [electronic resource] / edited by François Eudes.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
1 online resource
- Life sciences.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Triticale crop species have received substantial research support since the mid-20th century, making it a commercial success in many countries in diverse value propositions. No recent book, however, captures the recent advances and technological progress made over the past two decades. This book reviews and collates the latest knowledge of triticale plant biology and agronomy, while considering the contribution of biotechnology enablers such as molecular markers, doubled haploid technology, and genetic engineering in breeding for traits important for crop production, feed, food and industrial end-uses. Triticale fit for these end-uses, covered in individual chapters, demonstrates the great potential of this still young cereal crop.
- Part 1. Plant Biology and Breeding
Triticale Biology and Biosafety
Progress and Prospect
The Development of Hybrid Triticale
Part 2. Biotic and Abiotic Stress Tolerances
Triticale Abiotic Stresses – An Overview
Biotic Stresses – Known and Novel Foes
Part 3. Genomics and Biotechnology Enablers
Doubled Haploids in Triticale
Characterization of the Genomes and the Transcriptome of Triticale
Genetic Engineering and Precision Editing of Triticale Genomes
Part 4. Market and Potential for Novel Uses of Triticale Crop
Triticale: Grain for Feed and Energy
Triticale as a Forage
Triticale for Food – The Quality Driver
Biomaterial Value Proposition of Triticale.
- Eudes, François. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-22551-7 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|