Health Web Science [electronic resource] : Social Media Data for Healthcare / by Kerstin Denecke.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- Computer Science (Springer-11645)
Health information science 2366-0988
Health Information Science, 2366-0988
1 online resource (XII, 168 pages) : 20 illustrations in color.
- Health informatics.
- Local subjects:
- Health Informatics. (search)
Information Systems Applications (incl. Internet). (search)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book introduces the field of Health Web Science and presents methods for information gathering from written social media data. It explores the availability and utility of the personal medical information shared on social media platforms and determines ways to apply this largely untapped information source to healthcare systems and public health monitoring. Introducing an innovative concept for integrating social media data with clinical data, it addresses the crucial aspect of combining experiential data from social media with clinical evidence, and explores how the variety of available social media content can be analyzed and implemented. The book tackles a range of topics including social media's role in healthcare, the gathering of shared information, and the integration of clinical and social media data. Application examples of social media for health monitoring, along with its usage in patient treatment are also provided. The book also considers the ethical and legal issues of gathering and utilizing social media data, along with the risks and challenges that must be considered when integrating social media data into healthcare choices. With an increased interest internationally in E-Health, Health 2.0, Medicine 2.0 and the recent birth of the discipline of Web Science, this book will be a valuable resource for researchers and practitioners investigating this emerging topic.
- The Medical Web and Its Authors
Applications of Social Media in Healthcare
Objectives and Structure of the Book
Types of Medical Social Media
Excursus: Content and Language in Clinical Narratives
Content and Language in Medical Social Media
Text analytic-Enabled Healthcare Applications: Requirements and Architecture
Information Extraction from Medical Social Media
Sentiment Analysis from Medical Texts
Social Media for Health Monitoring
Ethics in Health Web Science
Integrating Clinical and Social Media Data
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-20582-3 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|