Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems XXIV [electronic resource] : Special Issue on Database- and Expert-Systems Applications / edited by Abdelkader Hameurlain, Josef Küng, Roland Wagner, Hendrik Decker, Lenka Lhotska, Sebastian Link.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Berlin, Heidelberg : Springer Berlin Heidelberg : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
- Lecture notes in computer science 0302-9743 ; 9510
Lecture notes in computer science
XI, 221 p. 77 illus. in color. online resource.
- Computer science.
Information storage and retrieval.
- Local subjects:
- Computer Science.
Information Storage and Retrieval.
Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery.
Artificial Intelligence (incl. Robotics).
Algorithm Analysis and Problem Complexity.
Computation by Abstract Devices.
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- The LNCS journal Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems focuses on data management, knowledge discovery, and knowledge processing, which are core and hot topics in computer science. Since the 1990s, the Internet has become the main driving force behind application development in all domains. An increase in the demand for resource sharing across different sites connected through networks has led to an evolution of data- and knowledge-management systems from centralized systems to decentralized systems enabling large-scale distributed applications providing high scalability. Current decentralized systems still focus on data and knowledge as their main resource. Feasibility of these systems relies basically on P2P (peer-to-peer) techniques and the support of agent systems with scaling and decentralized control. Synergy between grids, P2P systems, and agent technologies is the key to data- and knowledge-centered systems in large-scale environments. This, the 24th issue of Transactions on Large-Scale Data- and Knowledge-Centered Systems, contains extended and revised versions of seven papers presented at the 25th International Conference on Database and Expert Systems Applications, DEXA 2014, held in Munich, Germany, in September 2014. Following the conference, and two further rounds of reviewing and selection, six extended papers and one invited keynote paper were chosen for inclusion in this special issue. Topics covered include systems modeling, similarity search, bioinformatics, data pricing, k-nearest neighbor querying, database replication, and data anonymization.
- Reflective Constraint Writing
PPP-Codes for Large-Scale Similarity Searching
Solving Data Mismatches in Bioinformatics Workflows by Generating Data Converters
A Framework for Sampling-Based XML Data Pricing
kdANN+: A Rapid AkNN Classifier for Big Data
Optimizing Inter-Data-Center Large-Scale Database Parallel Replication with Workload-Driven Partitioning
Anonymization of Data Sets with NULL Values.
- Hameurlain, Abdelkader. editor.
Küng, Josef. editor.
Wagner, Roland. editor.
Decker, Hendrik. editor.
Lhotska, Lenka. editor.
Link, Sebastian. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-662-49214-7 doi
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|