Nation building : craft and contemporary American culture / edited by Nicholas R. Bell.
- Washington, DC : Renwick Gallery of the Smithsonian American Art Museum, in association with Bloomsbury Press,  , ©2015
- Conference Name:
- Nation Building (Symposium) (2012 : Smithsonian American Art Museum), author.
263 pages : color illustrations ; 25 cm
- Decorative arts -- United States -- History -- 21st century -- Congresses.
Decorative arts -- Social aspects -- United States -- Congresses.
Art and society -- United States -- History -- 21st century -- Congresses.
Art and society
Decorative arts -- Social aspects.
- Conference papers and proceedings.
Introduction / Nicholas R. Bell
Goodbye craft / Glenn Adamson
He is survived by his longtime companion : feeling in the work of Josh Faught / Elissa Auther
Media, process, history : craft beyond crafting / Maria Elena Buszek, Sonya Clark, Elaine Reicheck, Michael J. Strand
Craftlike : the illusion of authenticity / Jenni Sorkin
America at home : crafts and craftsmanship in the shelter exhibits of the New York World's Fair, 1939 and 1940 / Elizabeth McGoey
Taste, money, museums, and the subversion of craft / Ulysses Grant Dietz
Institutionalized : craft in the museum / Julie M. Muñiz and Jennifer Scanlan
Making an impression : the material culture scholarship and craft of historical military reenactors / Maria V. Shevzov
Craft as a response to war / Bibiana Obler
A hackerspace of one's own : curriculum and the maker movement / Garth Johnson
Digital fabrication : implications for craft and community / Neil Gershenfeld, Stuart Kestenbaum, Phyllis D. Klein
The politics of "ordinary manufacture" and the perils of self-serve craft / Ezra Shales
Craft goes to Disney! / Sandry Alfoldy
DIY Detroit / Gabriel Craig.
- Essays adapted from the two-day program of the same title as this volume held at the Smithsonian American Art Museum, November 8 and 9, 2012, in conjunction with the Renwick Gallery's exhibition 40 under 40: Craft futures (July 12, 2012-February 3, 2013).
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Harold C. Putnam Book Fund.
- Bell, Nicholas R., editor.
Harold C. Putnam Book Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|