Suicide and agency : anthropological perspectives on self-destruction, personhood, and power / edited by Ludek Broz and Daniel Münster.
- Other Title:
- Anthropological perspectives on self-destruction, personhood, and power
- Farnham, Surrey, England ; Burlington, VT : Ashgate,  , ©2015
- Studies in death, materiality and the origin of time.
Studies in death, materiality and the origin of time
xi, 224 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Suicide -- Sociological aspects.
Suicide -- Cross-cultural studies.
Suicide -- Sociological aspects.
- The anthropology of suicide : ethnography and the tension of agency / Daniel Münster and Ludek Broz
Personhood, agency and suicide in a neo-liberalizing South India / James Staples
The lonely un-dead and returning suicide in northwest Greenland / Janne Flora
Between demons and disease : suicide and agency in Yucatán, México / Beatriz M. Reyes-Foster
Four funerals and a wedding : suicide, sacrifice, and (non- )human agency in a Siberian village / Ludek Broz
Farmers' suicide and the moral economy of agriculture : victimhood, voice, and agro-environmental responsibility in South India / Daniel Münster
Dying to live in Palestine : steadfastness, pollution and embodied space / Deen Sharp and Natalia Linos
Accumulating death : women's moral agency and domestic economies of care in South India / Jocelyn Chua
Learning suicide and the limits of agency : children's "suicide play" in Sri Lanka / Tom Widger
Suicide, agency and the limits of power / Katrina Jaworski
Afterword : taking relationality to extremes / Marilyn Strathern.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Broz, Ludek, 1975- editor.
Münster, Daniel, 1973- editor.
George Clapp Vaillant Book Fund.
- Container of: Münster, Daniel, 1973- Anthropology of suicide.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|