Pressing forward : a technical study of the Mancos Times-Tribune building with recommendations for conservation / Samuel Tucker Loos.
- [Philadelphia, Pennsylvania] : University of Pennsylvania, 2015.
xiii, 202 leaves : color illustrations ; 29 cm
- Local subjects:
- Penn theses -- Historic preservation. (search)
Historic preservation -- Penn theses. (search)
- The Mancos Times-Tribune Building is located at 135 West Grand Avenue in downtown Mancos, a small town of about 1300 in the Four Corners Regions of southwest Colorado. Built in 1911, it has served as the offices for the local newspaper, The Mancos-Times Tribune Building until the early 2000s. The building is unique for only serving a single function and owner throughout its over 100 year history. It is also in a remarkable state of preservation, making it an excellent case for studying the development of late 19th and early 20th century construction technologies. Through, the study of period literature, materials analysis, and review of conservation techniques for each material, a well-informed conservation program was developed to restore the building for future use by a town with a growing interest in preserving its heritage.
- M.S. University of Pennsylvania 2015.
Department: Historic Preservation.
Advisor: Frank G. Matero.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Matero, Frank G., degree supervisor.
University of Pennsylvania. Department of Historic Preservation.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|