The poetical works of John Milton : reprinted from the best editions with biographical notice, etc.
- Other Title:
- Milton's poems
- New York : Thomas Y. Crowell & Co., no. 13 Astor Place, [1888?]
iii, 562, 8,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Publisher's advertisements -- New York -- New York -- 19th century.
- Place of Publication:
- United States New York (State) New York.
- Sketch of the life of John Milton
Poems on several occasions. Comus
Latin poems. Poemata ; Elegiarum liber ; Epigrammatum liber ; Sylvarum liber.
- Thomas Y. Crowell was located at no. 13 Astor Place from 1881-1893; cf. its entry at The Lucile project. Imprint date conjectured from copyright dates of "Latest publications" advertised at end of volume.
Publisher's advertisements: P. 1-8, - (second count).
Title and text (including text of publisher's advertisements) printed within red ruled border.
- Local notes:
- Milton Collection copy has ms. inscription ("Debbie") in brown ink on front free endpaper.
Milton Collection copy presented to the Penn Libraries in 2014 by Joseph A. Wittreich in honor of Stuart A. Curran.
Milton Collection copy has tear in upper portion of p. 61-62.
- Penn Provenance:
- Curran, Stuart A. (honoree) (Milton Collection copy)
Wittreich, Joseph Anthony (donor) (Milton Collection copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Stuart Curran-Joseph Wittreich Milton Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|