Pathology of Challenging Melanocytic Neoplasms [electronic resource] : Diagnosis and Management / edited by Christopher R. Shea, Jon A. Reed, Victor G. Prieto.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
1 online resource
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Pathology of Challenging Melanocytic Neoplasms offers a dynamic text where readers will encounter a broad spectrum of challenging melanocytic lesions, both benign and malignant, and acquire a solid, working knowledge that they can immediately apply to daily diagnosis. The volume emphasizes the practical application of basic morphologic principles, immunohistochemistry, and ancillary methods in order to secure a confident diagnosis. Rather than being yet another encyclopedic work of reference, this volume takes a fresh approach as it resembles a series of stimulating seminars employing exemplary case material to highlight, illustrate, and succinctly discuss the key points. To this end, the reader is presented first with a section of introductory chapters and is then guided through a series of cases that pose a significant diagnostic challenge. By comprehensively comparing and contrasting two or more related entities, each such chapter illuminates an intellectual pathway through which an important diagnostic puzzle can be solved. To broaden the differential diagnosis even further, additional illustrative cases are added to each discussion. Tables also summarize key points. Written by experts in the field, Pathology of Challenging Melanocytic Neoplasms is of great value to surgical pathologists in practice and dermatologists as well as residents and fellows training in these specialties.
- Part I: Introductory Chapters
Chapter 1. Gross Prosection of Melanocytic Lesions
Chapter 2. Histopathologic Staging and Reporting of Melanocytic Lesions
Chapter 3. Clinicopathologic Correlation in Melanocytic Lesions
Chapter 4. Anathema or Useful? Application of Immunohistochemistry to the Diagnosis of Melanocytic Lesions
Chapter 5. Applications of Additional Techniques to Melanocytic Pathology
Part 2: Diagnostic Challenges
Chapter 6. Spitz Nevus versus Spitzoid Melanoma
Chapter 7. Halo Nevus versus Melanoma with Regression
Chapter 8. Nevoid Malignant Melanoma versus Melanocytic Nevus
Chapter 9. Dysplastic Nevi versus Melanoma
Chapter 10. Blue Nevus versus Pigmented Epithelioid Melanocytoma
Chapter 11. Recurrent Melanocytic Nevus versus Melanoma
Chapter 12. Neurothekeoma versus Melanoma
Chapter 13. Melanoma in situ versus Paget’s Disease
Chapter 14. Desmoplastic Nevus versus Desmoplastic Melanoma
Chapter 15. Cutaneous Metastatic Melanoma versus Primary Cutaneous Melanoma
Chapter 16. Acral Nevus versus Acral Melanoma
Chapter 17. Capsular (Nodal) Nevus versus Metastatic Melanoma
- Shea, Christopher R. editor.
Reed, Jon A. editor.
Prieto, Victor G. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-1444-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|