Unexplained Infertility [electronic resource] : Pathophysiology, Evaluation and Treatment / edited by Glenn L. Schattman, Sandro C. Esteves, Ashok Agarwal.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
1 online resource
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- Written and edited by leading, internationally recognized clinicians and scientists in reproductive medicine and related fields, this unique text is a practical and comprehensive review of the clinical and scientific significance of unexplained male and female infertility and its management. The book is divided into thematic sections to ensure the most useful presentation of topics, opening with definitions and epidemiology of unexplained infertility, including discussion of the WHO’s cutoff values for human semen characteristics and its ramifications. Sections covering male and female reproductive pathophysiology follow respectively, covering biological, genetic and environmental causative factors, with a subsequent section on evaluative techniques for male and female patients. Expectant, medical and surgical treatment strategies comprise the fifth section of the book, where active interventions and outcomes of each treatment modality are carefully considered. The final section discusses assisted reproductive techniques to manage unexplained infertility, such as intrauterine insemination and in vitro fertilization, as well as future perspectives. Thoughtful and enlightening, Unexplained Infertility: Pathophysiology, Evaluation and Treatment will be an invaluable resource for all clinicians and scientists working in the fields of reproductive medicine and infertility.
- Part I: Definitions and Epidemiology
Definitions and Relevance of Unexplained Infertility in Reproductive Medicine
Definitions and Epidemiology of Unexplained Male Infertility
Controversies Surrounding the 2010 World Health Organization Cutoff Values for Human Semen Characteristics and Its Impact on Unexplained Infertility
Definitions and Epidemiology of Unexplained Female Infertility
Part II: Pathophysiology: Male
Sperm Biology from Production to Ejaculation
Idiopathic Infertility: Survival and Function of Sperm in the Female Reproductive Tract
Potential Male Etiologies of Unexplained Infertility
Genetic Basis of Unexplained Male Infertility
Role of the Immune System in Unexplained Male Infertility
Oxidative Stress in Unexplained Male Infertility
Role and Significance of Sperm Function in Men with Unexplained Infertility
Role of Environmental Factors and Gonadotoxin Exposure in Unexplained Male Infertility
Part III: Pathophysiology: Female
Potential Female Etiologies of Unexplained Infertility
Oxidative Stress in Unexplained Female Infertility
Role of Environmental Factors and Gonadotoxin Exposure in Unexplained Female Infertility
Cervical Hostility and Vaginal pH in Females with Unexplained Infertility
Role of Endometrial Receptivity in Unexplained Infertility
Fallopian Tube Dysfunction in Unexplained Infertility
Subtle Endometriosis and Unexplained Infertility
Part IV: Evaluation
Evaluation of Women with Unexplained Infertility
Evaluation of Men with Unexplained Infertility
Part V: Expectant, Medical and Surgical Treatment
The Role of Expectant Management for Couples with Unexplained Infertility
Treatment and Prognosis of Immunological Factors in Unexplained Male Infertility
Medication Strategies for the Male with Unexplained Infertility
Clomiphene Citrate for Women with Unexplained Infertility
Aromatase Inhibitors in the Treatment of Unexplained Female Infertility
Gonadotropins for Women with Unexplained Infertility
Part VI: Assisted Reproductive Techniques and Future Perspectives
Gonadotropin in Assisted Reproduction: An Evolution Perspective
Intrauterine Insemination in Unexplained Female Infertility
Role of In Vitro Fertilization in Unexplained Female Infertility
Role of Assisted Reproduction Techniques in the Management of Unexplained Male Infertility
Future Perspectives in the Diagnosis and Management of Unexplained Male Infertility.
- Schattman, Glenn L. editor.
Esteves, Sandro C. editor.
Agarwal, Ashok. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-2140-9 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|