Technological Advances in Surgery, Trauma and Critical Care [electronic resource] / edited by Rifat Latifi, Peter Rhee, Rainer W.G. Gruessner.
- 1st ed. 2015.
- New York, NY : Springer New York : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
1 online resource
Critical care medicine.
Transplantation of organs, tissues, etc.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This text is designed to provide a comprehensive and state-of-the-art overview of the major technological advances in the field of surgery, trauma and critical care and many aspects of surgical science and practice, is unparalleled to any other current textbook. The book has been structured to review the overall scope of most current technological advances dealing with surgery, trauma, and critical care. As such, this volume represents the most comprehensive textbook covering a wide range of topics and technological advances including genomics and nanotechnologies that affect patients’ care and surgeons’ practice daily. Additionally, it highlights the dramatic changes in the field of neurosurgery, ENT, cardiothoracic, vascular surgery, minimally invasive surgery, robotic assisted surgery, tissue engineering, transplant, artificial limbs, pediatric surgery and telemedicine and telepresence. Technological Advances in Surgery, Trauma and Critical Care will serve as a valuable resource for clinicians, surgeons and researchers with an interest in trauma, critical care, and all the specialties of surgery. It provides a concise yet comprehensive summary of the current status of the field that will help guide patient management and stimulate investigative efforts.
- Ther New Surgeon: Patient-Centered, Disease-Focused, Technology-Driven, and Team-Oriented
The Ever-Changing Departments of Surgery: The New Paradigm-The Roadmap to a Modern Department of Surgery
Genomics in Surgery, Trauma, and Critical Care: How Do We Control the Future?
Nanotechnologies in Surgery: The New Paradigm
Telemedicine for Trauma and Intensive Care: Changing the Paradigm of Telepresence
Augmented Reality in Surgery
The Lean Innovation Model for Academic Medical Discovery
Changing the Protocol: Is There Still Room for the Professor's Viewpoint?
Ethical Implications of Advanced Technologies in Surgical Care. Dedicated Resuscitation Operating Room for Trauma
End Points Resuscitation
Abdominal Trauma: Not Everything that Bleeds Needs and Operation
Neurosurgical Advances in Trauma Management
Damage Control and Organ Injury Priority Management of Trauma Patients
Multiorgan Dysfuction in Trauma and Surgical Intensive Care Units
Advances in Burn Care
Biology of Nutrition Support and Gut Access in Critically Ill Patients
Advances in Head and Neck Surgery
Neck Cancer: Imaging Techniques and Progress on the Operative Approach
Advances in Thyroid and Parathyroid Care
Neuron Based Surgery: Are We There Yet? Technical Developments in the Surgical Treatment of Brain Injury and Disease
Brain Cancer: The New Frontiers
Advanced Thoracoscopic Surgery to Modern Pulmonary Disease: The Japanese Approach
The Role of Robotics in Selective Throacic Surgical Problems: Technical Considerations
Cardiac Surgery Advances: Do We Still Remember How to Do Open Bypass?
Artificial Hearts and Cardiac Assist Devices: The Spectrum of the New Era
New Valves: Where Do We Stand?
Technological Advances in Endovascular Surgery
Carotid Disease: The Stents and the Evidence-Based Medicine-What Happened to the Old Surgery?
Laporascopic Approaches in General Surgery: Is There Anything New?
Robotic Applications in Advancing General Surgery
Natural Orifice Transluminal Endoscopic Surgery (NOTES)
Bariatric Surgery: The Less, The Better
New Minimally Invasive Treatments for Acid Reflux
Minimally Invasive Hepato-Pancreato-Biliary Surgery and Associated GI Interventions
Laparoscopic Liver Resection for Hepatocellular Carcinoma
Advances in Colorectal Surgery
Technological Advances in Heart and Lung Transplantation: Concomitant Cardiac Valve Surgery
Abdominal Organ Transplantation: An Overview
Small Bowel Transplantation: Is There a Hope on the Horizon?
Islet Cell Transplantation: New Techniques for an Old Disease
Face Transplant: The Future is Better Than Current Concepts
Advances in Immunosuppressive Therapy
Tissue Repair and Wound Healing: A Trip Back to the Future
Surgical Advances in the Treatment of Abdominal Wall Hernias
Use of Biologic Grafts in Surgery
Artifical Limbs for Upper Extremity Amputation
Advanced Technologies in Pediatric Critical Care/Surgery and Fetal Surgery.
- Latifi, Rifat. editor.
Rhee, Peter. editor.
Gruessner, Rainer W.G. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-1-4939-2671-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|