Application of Systems Thinking to Health Policy & Public Health Ethics [electronic resource] : Public Health and Private Illness / by Michele Battle-Fisher.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2015.
- SpringerBriefs in public health 2192-3698
SpringerBriefs in Public Health, 2192-3698
1 online resource.
- System Details:
- Mode of Access: World Wide Web.
text file PDF
- This book looks at health policy through the lens of public versus private: population health versus the somatic, social, or emotional experiences of a patient. Rather than presenting policy/ethics as overly technical, this book takes a novel approach of framing public and private health in terms of political philosophy, ethics, and popular examples. Each chapter ties back to the general ethics or political literature as applicable, which are not customarily parts of the current public health curriculum. The author's work on the Orgcomplexity blog has touched on this subject by systemically exploring public policy issues, and the tone of this book mimics the blog with an extension of the arguments.
The Justice League of Health: Flexing Policy's Muscle
Health Systems and Policy as the "Price is Right"
Public versus Private: Stop Stepping on My Toes
The Sting of Public Health
Is it Yours, Mine and Ours?
Building on What We've Started
- SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-12203-8 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|