Alms [videorecording] = Jing shi / The Dreaming Buddhas Project and Commonfolk Films present ; a short film by Edward A. Burger. = Alms [videorecording] = 净食 / The Dreaming Buddhas Project and Commonfolk Films present ; a short film by Edward A. Burger.
- Other Title:
- Jing shi
- Academic addition [sic].
- [Canada?] : Commonfolk Films, c2009.
- Dreaming Buddhas project.
The dreaming Buddhas project
1 videodisc (approximately 24 minutes) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Buddhism -- China -- Customs and practices.
Buddhist priests -- China.
Monastery gardens -- China.
Agriculture -- Religious aspects -- Buddhism.
Cooking -- Religious aspects -- Buddhism.
Buddhist monasteries -- China.
China -- Religious life and customs.
- Documentary films.
- In Mandarin with subtitles in English.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, all region; widescreen (1.78:1 aspect ratio) presentation.
video file DVD video region all
- The Head Chef (dianzuo) of a remote mountain Chan (Zen) Buddhist monastery in Southern China explains the traditional cultivation, distribution, and ritual offering of food in this Buddhist community. Follows the gathering of local fuels and farmed vegetables, and witnesses how living members of this community work in harmony with elements of their physical environment to provide the supportive infrastructure surrounding the Meditation Hall, where a group of cloistered monks devote themselves to meditation practice. Includes footage of monks sitting in the Meditation Hall, farming land, gathering bamboo off the surrounding mountainsides, cooking on wood-fire stoves, and feeding their resident brothers in the disciplined, ritualized manner traditional to this 1200-year-old monastery.
- Music by Eric Liebman.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2009.
"For the Dreaming Buddhas Project short film series."--Opening frames.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
- Burger, Edward A., film director, screenwriter.
Liebman, Eric, composer (expression)
Commonfolk Films, film production company, publisher.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|