Dark territory : the secret history of cyber war / Fred Kaplan.
- First Simon & Schuster hardcover edition.
- New York, NY : Simon & Schuster, 2016.
ix, 338 pages ; 24 cm
- Cyberterrorism -- United States -- Prevention -- History.
Cyberterrorism -- Prevention.
- "As cyber-attacks dominate front-page news, as hackers displace terrorists on the list of global threats, and as top generals warn of a coming cyber war, few books are more timely and enlightening than Dark Territory: The Secret History of Cyber War, by Slate columnist and Pulitzer Prize-winning journalist Fred Kaplan. Kaplan probes the inner corridors of the National Security Agency, the beyond-top-secret cyber units in the Pentagon, the "information warfare" squads of the military services, and the national security debates in the White House, to tell this never-before-told story of the officers, policymakers, scientists, and spies who devised this new form of warfare and who have been planning--and (more often than people know) fighting--these wars for decades. From the 1991 Gulf War to conflicts in Haiti, Serbia, Syria, the former Soviet republics, Iraq, and Iran, where cyber warfare played a significant role, Dark Territory chronicles, in fascinating detail, a little-known past that shines an unsettling light on our future"-- Provided by publisher.
"The never-before-told story of the computer scientists and the NSA, Pentagon, and White House policymakers who invented and employ the wars of the present and future--the cyber wars where every country can be a major power player and every hacker a mass destroyer, as reported by a Pulitzer Prize--winning security and defense journalist"-- Provided by publisher.
- "Could something like this really happen?"
"It's all about the information"
A cyber Pearl Harbor
Solar sunrise, moonlight maze
The coordinator meets Mudge
Deny, exploit, corrupt, destroy
"The whole haystack"
"Somebody has crossed the Rubicon"
"The five guys report"
"We're wandering in dark territory".
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|