Shakespeare in our time : a Shakespeare Association of America collection / edited by Dympna Callaghan and Suzanne Gossett.
- London : Bloomsbury Arden Shakespeare, 2016.
- The Arden Shakespeare
376 pages : 22 cm.
- Shakespeare, William, 1564-1616 -- Criticism and interpretation.
- "This volume marks the 400th anniversary of Shakespeare's death by reflecting on the unrivalled work of the Shakespeare Association of America and offering a unique collection of leading Shakespeare scholars outlining key developments in Shakespeare studies over the last two decades. These essays are complemented by younger scholars who respond and look forward to new fields of study and debate. As such the book offers a "state of the nation" look at Shakespeare criticism, covering all the key areas of research and study including gender, text, performance, the body, history, religion and biography. This is a must-read, comprehensive introduction to the key critical ideas surrounding Shakespeare's work and a stimulating exploration of where Shakespeare studies will go next."-Publisher's website.
- Gossett, Suzanne, editor.
Callaghan, Dympna, editor.
Horace Howard Furness Memorial Library (University of Pennsylvania)
- 9781472520418 (paperback)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|