Peace officer / Submarine Entertainment presents ; a film by Scott Christopherson & Brad Barber ; directed by Scott Christopherson & Brad Barber ; produced by Scott Christopherson, Brad Barber, Dave Lawrence.
- [El Segundo, CA] : Gravitas Ventures ; distributed by FilmRise, 2015.
1 videodisc (110 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in.
4 3/4 in.
- Lawrence, William (Dub).
Militarization of police -- United States.
Police shootings -- United States.
Police -- Special weapons and tactics units -- United States.
- Documentary films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- Closed-captioned for the hearing impaired.
- System Details:
- DVD, NTSC, Region 1; widescreen (16:9 aspect ratio) presentation; 5.1 surround; 2.0 stereo.
digital optical surround 5.1
digital optical stereo 2.0
video file DVD video region 1
- Peace Officer is a feature documentary about the increasingly militarized state of American police as told through the story of William "Dub" Lawrence, a former sheriff who established and trained his rural state's first SWAT team only to see that same unit kill his son-in-law in a controversial standoff 30 years later. Driven by an obsessed sense of mission, Dub uses his own investigative skills to uncover the truth in this and other recent officer involved shootings in his community while tackling larger questions about the changing face of peace officers nationwide.
- William (Dub) Lawrence.
- Directors of photography, Brad Barber, Scott Christopherson; editor, Renny McCauley; music, Micah Dahl Anderson.
- Videodisc release of the documentary motion picture produced in 2015.
Special features: 3 outtakes ("an old friend," "Losing integrity," and "Master Kim"); original theatrical trailer.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Christopherson, Scott, film director, film producer.
Barber, Brad, film director, film producer.
Anderson, Micah Dahl, composer (expression)
Submarine Entertainment (Firm), presenter.
Gravitas Ventures (Firm), film producer.
FilmRise (Firm), film distributor.
Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|