Danton [electronic resource].
- [San Francisco, California, USA] : Kanopy Streaming, 2016.
1 online resource (1 video file, approximately 137 minutes) : digital, .flv file, sound
- In: French
- System Details:
- Mode of access: World Wide Web.
- Gerard Depardieu and Wojciech Pszoniak star in Andrzej Wajda's powerful, intimate depiction of the ideological clash between the earthy, man-of-the-people Georges Danton and icy Jacobin extremist Maximilien Robespierre, both key figures of the French Revolution. By drawing parallels to Polish solidarity, a movement that was being quashed by the government as the film went into production, Wajda drags history into the present. Meticulous and fiery, Danton has been hailed as one of the greatest films ever made about the Terror. Additional Reading: http://www.criterion.com/current/posts/1072-danton-the-worst-of-times
- In Process Record.
Title from title frames.
Originally produced by Criterion Collection/Janus Films in 1983.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the J. P. Wickersham Crawford Collection.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Marilyn Kramer Weitzman Fund.
- J. P. Wickersham Crawford Collection.
Marilyn Kramer Weitzman Fund.
Wajda, Andrzej, filmmaker
- Publisher Number:
- 1154489 Kanopy
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|