The politics & poetics of black film : Nothing but a man / edited by David C. Wall & Michael T. Martin.
- Bloomington ; Indianapolis : Indiana University Press, 
- Studies in the cinema of the black diaspora
x, 294 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm.
- Nothing but a man (Motion picture)
Race relations in motion pictures.
African Americans in motion pictures.
- Local subjects:
- Nothing but a man (US, Michael Roemer, 1964)
- Introduction: Nothing but a man and the question of black film / David C. Wall and Michael T. Martin
Filmmakers' statements / Michael Roemer, Robert Young
Essays. Demanding dignity: Nothing but a man / Bruce Dick and Mark Vogel
Nothing but a man / Thomas Cripps
The derailed romance in Nothing but a man / Karen Bowdre
Can't stay, can't go: what is history to a cinematic imagination? / Terri Francis
Rights, labor, and sexual politics on screen in Nothing but a man / Judith E. Smith
Interviews. Historicity and possibility in Nothing but a man: a conversation with Khalil Muhammad / Michael T. Martin and David C. Wall
Cinematic principles and practice at work in Nothing but a man: a conversation with Robert Young / Michael T. Martin and David C. Wall.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 285-286) and index.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Wall, David C., editor.
Martin, Michael T., editor.
Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|