Gallia orientalis, sive, Gallorum qui linguam Hebraem vel alias orientales excoluerunt vitae : variis hinc inde praesidiis adornatae / labore & studio Pauli Colomesii Rupellensis.
- Other Title:
- Gallia orientalis
Gallorum qui linguam Hebraem vel alias orientales excoluerunt vitae
- Hagae-Comitis : Ex Typographia Adriani Vlacq, MDCLXV 
, 272 p. ; 20 cm (4to)
- ume- ntl- s.ex Jome (3) 1665 (R)
- Hebraists -- France -- Biography -- Early works to 1800.
Classical philology -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Netherlands Hague.
- Latin text with quotations in French and Greek.
Signatures: )(⁴ A-2L⁴.
Title in red and black.
Errata on leaf )(4v.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
CJS Rare copy purchased for the Penn Libraries at auction at Kestenbaum & Company, sale 68, lot 255.
CJS Rare copy has illustrated bookplate of David de Sola Pool on front pastedown; dated 20th-century autograph ("D de Sola Pool 13 June '09") of the same on front pastedown.
CJS Rare copy has dated 18th-century autograph ("Josephus Bromehead 1781") on verso of title leaf, possibly to be identified with Joseph Bromehead (b. 1747 or 1748).
CJS Rare copy bound in full contemporary blind-tooled parchment; 5 raised bands on spine; ms. title ("COLOME[...] GALLIA ORIENT") and imprint date on spine; all edges stippled red.
- Penn Provenance:
- Pool, David de Sola, 1885-1970 (autograph) (bookplate) (CJS Rare copy)
Bromehead, Josephus (autograph) (CJS Rare copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- STCN 852337043
- Vlacq, Adriaan, 1600-1667, printer.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|