The graduate / Metro Goldwyn Mayer ; an Embassy Pictures release ; Joseph E. Levine presents a Mike Nichols/Lawrence Turman production ; screenplay by Calder Willingham and Buck Henry ; produced by Lawrence Turman ; directed by Mike Nichols.
- Two-DVD special edition.
- [Irvington, New York] : The Criterion Collection, 
- Criterion collection; 800.
The Criterion collection ; 800
2 videodiscs (106 min.) : sound, color ; 4 3/4 in. + 1 fold-out insert.
DVD video 4 3/4 in.
- Webb, Charles, 1939- -- Film adaptations.
College graduates -- Drama.
May-December romances -- Drama.
Man-woman relationships -- Drama.
Adultery -- Drama.
- Dark comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
Feature films -- United States.
Dark comedy films.
Video recordings for the hearing impaired.
- English with optional English SDH subtitles.
- System Details:
- DVD; NTSC, region 1; monaural.
digital optical surround Dolby 5.1
laser optical NTSC
video file DVD video region 1
- Benjamin Braddock has just finished college and is already lost in a sea of confusion and barely contained angst when he becomes sexually involved with the middle-aged mother of the young woman he's dating.
- Anne Bancroft, Dustin Hoffman, Katharine Ross, William Daniels, Murray Hamilton, Elizabeth Wilson, Brian Avery, Walter Brooke, Norman Fell, Alice Ghostley, Buck Henry, Marion Lorne.
- Director of photography, Robert Surtees ; production designer, Richard Sylbert ; film editor, Sam O'Steen ; set decorator, George Nelson ; costumes by Patricia Zipprodt ; songs by Paul Simon ; sung by Simon & Garfunkel ; additional music by Dave Grusin.
- 2.35:1 aspect ratio.
Based on the novel by Charles Webb.
Originally produced as a motion picture in 1967.
Special features: Disc 1: Commentary 1 (2007 commentary featuring director Mike Nichols in conversation with filmmaker Steven Soderbergh); Commentary 2 (1987 audio commentary by film scholar Howard Suber); Trailer. Disc 2: Buck Henry and Lawrence Turman (the screenwriter and producer reminisce about the film); Dustin Hoffman (the actor recalls the making of the film); Sam and Mike (editor Bobbie O'Steen, Sam O'Steen's widow, examines his work through an analysis of the film and his collaboration with the director); Students of "The graduate" (short 2007 documentary features filmmakers, critics, and historians discussing the achievement and influence of the film); "The graduate" at 25 (1992 featurette from the 25th anniversary of the film includes interviews with actors Dustin Hoffman and Katharine Ross, screenwriter Buck Henry and producer Lawrence Turman); Mike Nichols and Barbara Walters (interview aired on NBC's Today show on July 29, 1966, the director discusses his career with Barbara Walters); Paul Simon and Dick Cavett (excerpt from April 9, 1970 episode of The Dick Cavett Show, Paul Simon discusses the music used in the film); Screen tests. Insert includes and essay by journalist and critic Frank Rich.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Class of 1953 Fund.
- Nichols, Mike, film director, film producer., Director, Producer
Levine, Joseph E., film producer., Producer
Turman, Lawrence, film producer., Producer
Willingham, Calder, 1922-1995, screenwriter., Screenwriter
Henry, Buck, screenwriter, actor., Actor
Bancroft, Anne, 1931-2005, actor., Actor
Hoffman, Dustin, 1937- actor., Actor
Ross, Katharine, 1940- actor., Actor
Daniels, William, 1927- actor., Actor
Hamilton, Murray, actor., Actor
Wilson, Elizabeth, 1921-2015, actor., Actor
Avery, Brian, actor., Actor
Brooke, Walter, actor., Actor
Fell, Norman, 1924-1998, actor., Actor
Ghostley, Alice, 1926-2007, actor., Actor
Lorne, Marion, 1888-1968, actor., Actor
Surtees, Robert, director of photography., Cinematographer
Sylbert, Richard, production designer., Production personnel
O'Steen, Sam, 1923-2000, editor of moving image work., Editor
Nelson, George, 1927-1992, set designer., Set designer
Zipprodt, Patricia, 1925-1999, costume designer., Costume designer
Simon, Paul, 1941- composer (expression), Composer
Grusin, Dave, composer (expression), Composer
Soderbergh, Steven, 1963- commentator., Commentator
Suber, Howard, 1937- commentator., Commentator
O'Steen, Bobbie, 1952- interviewee (expression), Interviewee
Walters, Barbara, 1929- interviewer (expression), Interviewer
Cavett, Dick, interviewer (expression), Interviewer
Rich, Frank, writer of supplementary textual content.,
Simon and Garfunkel, performer., Performer
Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, production company., Producer
Embassy Pictures Corp., production company., Producer
Criterion Collection (Firm), publisher., Publisher
Class of 1953 Fund.
- Publisher Number:
CC2587D The Criterion Collection (container)
CC2587D-1 The Criterion Collection (disc 1)
CC2587D-2 The Criterion Collection (disc 2)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|