Iranian cinema uncensored : contemporary filmmakers since the Islamic revolution / Shiva Rahbaran ; translated by Maryam Mohajer and Shiva Rahbaran.
- London : I.B. Tauris & Co. Ltd., 2016.
- International library of the moving image; 36.
International library of the moving image
xx, 268 pages ; 24 cm.
- Motion picture directors and producers -- Iran -- Interviews.
Motion picture producers and directors.
- Local subjects:
- Iran. (search)
- In this unique book, twelve of the most renowned and important filmmakers of contemporary Iran speak candidly about creating cinema in a revolutionised and traumatised society. They reflect on the Iranian revolution and the influence of its aftermath on their work, as well as the effects of their work on audiences worldwide. They offer first-hand insights into the influence they have had on the making of Iran's image; how the seeds of New Iranian Cinema were sown decades before the revolution and how these seeds grew into a cinema that became a global phenomenon, despite censorship, ideology wars, sanctions and political isolation; and how they took sustenance from the works of western and global cineastes as well as from the long tradition of art and poetry of Iran.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Mohajer, Maryam, translator.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|