Jewish aviators in World War II : personal narratives of American men and women / Bruce H. Wolk ; foreword by Sheldon A. Goldberg.
- Jefferson, North Carolina : McFarland & Company, Inc., Publishers, 
viii, 216 pages ; 23 cm
- World War, 1939-1945 -- Participation, Jewish.
Air pilots, Military -- United States -- Interviews.
Women air pilots -- United States -- Interviews.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Personal narratives, Jewish.
World War, 1939-1945 -- Aerial operations, American.
World War (1939-1945).
Air pilots, Military.
Military operations, Aerial -- American.
Military participation -- Jewish.
Women air pilots.
Personal narratives -- Jewish.
- "Based on interviews with more than 100 Jewish air veterans, this oral history features the recollections of pilots, crew members and support personnel in all theaters of combat and all branches of the service, including Jewish women of the Women Airforce Service Pilots. The subjects recall their combat experiences, lives as POWs and anti-Semitism in the ranks"-- Provided by publisher.
- 1. Where we came from
2. The war within
3. The stars on my wings: Europe
4. The stars on my wings: the Pacific and CBI
5. "H" stands for Hebrew
6. My brother's keeper
7. The return
Appendix I: Roster of interviewees
Appendix II: An interview with Philip L. Elbaum, LCSW
Appendix III: The fate of downed allied airmen in Germany in World War II.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|