Bedford's musical society : a history of Bedford Choral Society / Michael Benson ; with an introduction by Donald Burrows.
- Woodbridge, Suffolk ; Rochester, NY : Boydell Press, 2015.
- Publications of the Bedfordshire Historical Record Society ; v. 94.
Publications of the Bedfordshire Historical Record Society, 0067-4826 ; volume 94
x, 289 pages, 8 unnumbered pages of plates : illustrations, portraits (some color) ; 24 cm.
- Bedford Choral Society -- History.
Choral music -- England -- Bedford.
- This volume reviews the characters that have shaped the Society through the years, the varied musical programmes, and the links with well-known performers and musicians. It includes details of the Society's work with the BBC throughout the Second World War. The volume holds an introduction by Donald Burrows, one of the world's leading Handel scholars.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 259-262) and indexes.
- Burrows, Donald, 1945- writer of introduction.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|