Report of the secretary of war on forty-seven petitions, 1793 / published by order of the House of Representatives.
- [Philadelphia] : Printed by Childs and Swaine, 
- Government document
11,  p. ; 35 cm. (fol.)
- -6-8 3.T, r.s. n.on (C) 1793 (Q)
- Military pensions -- United States -- Revolution, 1775-1783.
United States -- History -- Revolution, 1775-1783 -- Claims.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Submitted to the speaker of the House Feb. 8, 1793. The petitions concern claims made for service during the Revolution.
Letter of transmittal signed: H. Knox, Secretary of War.
Imprint place from Evans.
Signatures: [A]² B-C².
"An alphabetical list of the names of the petitioners."--P. .
- Local notes:
- RBC copy is no. 33 in a collection of 50 18th-century U.S. government documents, most by Alexander Hamilton and a few by Thomas Jefferson, Henry Knox, and others, bound in 2 volumes (13 in the first volume and 37 in the second, including two manuscripts).
RBC copy formerly owned by Alexander Hamilton, with ms. contents list of v. 1 in his hand on last blank leaf in volume. Cf. C.B. Clapp, "Alexander Hamilton's reports" in The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941), p. 52-64.
RBC copy has autograph of Henry Kuhl on title leaf of first work in v. 1.
- Penn Provenance:
- Hamilton, Alexander, 1757-1804 (former owner) (RBC copy)
Kuhl, Henry, 1764-1856 (autograph) (RBC copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Evans 26362
Clapp, C.B. "Alexander Hamilton's reports." In The University of Pennsylvania library chronicle v. 9, no. 2 (June 1941): 52-64, v. 2, no. 17
- Knox, Henry, 1750-1806.
Childs, Francis, 1763-1830, printer.
Swaine, John, 1762?-1794, printer.
United States. Congress 1792-1793). House.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|