Dispensatorium pauperum a facultate medica Pragensi concinnatum / edidit Joseph. Godefrid. Mikan ...
- Pragae & Viennae : In officinis J.F.N. a Schönfeld, 1783.
78,  p. ; 18 cm (8vo)
- u-u- 16i- 2134 LiCh (3) 1783 (A)
- Pharmacopoeias -- Early works to 1800.
- Place of Publication:
- Czech Republic Prague.
- Signatures: A-E⁸ (leaf E8 blank).
Woodcut title vignette and head-pieces.
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Rosengarten Family Fund.
Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
Smith copy purchased for the Penn Libraries in 2016 from Asher Rare Books.
Smith copy has autograph ("F: Constantinus Horn O: S: franciscij") of Constantinus Horn (ca. 1743-1793), a surgeon and Franciscan lay brother of Kloster Frauenberg (Fulda, Germany) on blank leaf preceding title leaf. Cf. Analecta franciscana, t. 6, Necrologia I (Quaracchi: Typographia Collegii S. Bonaventurae, 1917), p. 127.
Smith copy has dated 19th-century ms. ownership inscription ("Bibliothecae FF Minorum[?] in monte mariano 1806") of the library of Kloster Frauenberg (Fulda, Germany), also known as Conventus Montis Mariani supra Fuldam, on title leaf.
Smith copy bond in modern full green morocco (spine and heads and fore-edges of boards faded); boards ruled in gold; title and imprint place and date stamped in gold on left board; all edges faded red; label with typescript shelf-mark ("A 8.7.10") at foot of front pastedown.
- Penn Provenance:
- Horn, Constantinus (autograph) (Smith copy)
Frauenberg (Monastery) (former owner) (inscription) (Smith copy)
Franciscans (Fulda, Germany) (former owner) (inscription) (Smith copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Cited in:
- Catalogue of printed books in the Wellcome Historical Medical Library IV, p. 369
- Schönfeld, Johann Ferdinand, Ritter von, 1750-1821, printer.
Univerzita Karlova. Fakulta lékařská.
Rosengarten Family Fund.
Edward Potts Cheyney Memorial Fund.
Edgar Fahs Smith Memorial Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|