Neal-Schuman library technology companion : a basic guide for library staff / John J. Burke.
- Other Title:
- Library Technology Companion
- 5th edition.
- Chicago : Neal-Schuman, An imprint of the American Library Association, 2016.
xiii, 218 pages : illustrations ; 23 cm
- Libraries -- Information technology.
Library science -- Technological innovations.
Libraries and the Internet.
- "In its new fifth edition, which has been completely updated and reorganized, this one-stop overview of all technologies used in libraries today is more comprehensive and compelling than ever. The perfect primer for LIS students, Burke's guide should also be at the top of the list for any current or future library professional looking to stay at the forefront of technological advancement. It gives readers a sound and sensible way to consider, access, and use library technologies to better meet the needs of library users. Its incisive coverage includes complete analysis of the librarian's technological toolbox for teaching, security, databases, and more; expert advice on how to compare and evaluate competing technology solutions; mobile devices and technology, social media, streaming media, and privacy; makerspaces and other technology programing; updated content on open source catalog systems, discovery layers, and related elements of library management systems; a new section on learning management systems (LMS); websites, web-based services, and free information resources; improved guidance on usability; new technology predictions for the future, with tips on how to stay up to date with the latest developments; and a glossary of useful terms. Informed by a large-scale survey of librarians across the spectrum of institution types, this guide will be a true technology companion to novices and seasoned LIS professionals alike"--Publisher's website.
- Library technology in context
Technology that makes library services run
Building and maintaining the technology environment in libraries
Where library technology is going and how to stay informed.
- Includes index.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|