Intraoperative Ultrasound (IOUS) in Neurosurgery [electronic resource] : From Standard B-mode to Elastosonography / edited by Francesco Prada, Luigi Solbiati, Alberto Martegani, Francesco DiMeco.
- 1st ed. 2016.
- Cham : Springer International Publishing : Imprint: Springer, 2016.
1 online resource (XXI, 187 p. 152 illus., 45 illus. in color.)
- System Details:
- text file PDF
- This book is intended as a practical manual on the use of intraoperative ultrasound (IOUS) as a tool for imaging guidance during cranial and spinal neurosurgical procedures. Full account is taken of the emergence of novel clinical applications and recent technical advances, with extensive coverage of the impact of developments such as improved probe technology, fusion imaging and virtual navigation, 3D ultrasound imaging, contrast-enhanced ultrasound, and elastosonography. Basic principles of ultrasound are elucidated in order to assist in the optimal use of IOUS and clear guidance is provided on the interpretation of imaging findings in various pathologies. Informative comparisons are also made of the use of techniques such as fusion imaging and contrast-enhanced ultrasound in general radiology and neurosurgery. The aim of the authors is to enhance the general knowledge regarding intra-operative ultrasound brain imaging, standardizing its use and exploring new techniques, leading in some way toward compensating the lack of specific training in the application of ultrasound among the neurosurgical community. IOUS is a sensitive tool that can improve surgical precision and help to reduce morbidity.
- General aspects: Clinical US, historical aspects
US physics, basic principles and clinical application
B-mode ultrasound: Ultrasound system set up and general semeiology
Echographic brain semeiology and topographic anatomy according to surgical approaches
Intraoperative findings in brain tumor surgery
IOUS B-mode intra-operative findings in spinal lesions
IOUS B-mode intra-operative findings in peripheral nerve pathologies
Multimodal imaging in glioma surgery
Doppler imaging: Basic principles and clinical application.- Intra-operative Ultrasound, Fusion imaging and Virtual Navigation: Virtual navigation and interventional procedures. Navigable ultrasound, 3D ultrasound and fusion imaging in neurosurgery
Contrast enhanced ultrasound (CEUS): Basic principles, general application and future trends
CEUS in neurosurgery
Elastosonography: Ultrasound Elastography.
- Prada, Francesco. editor.
Solbiati, Luigi. editor.
Martegani, Alberto. editor.
DiMeco, Francesco. editor.
SpringerLink (Online service)
- Contained In:
- Springer eBooks
- Other format:
- Printed edition:
- Publisher Number:
- 10.1007/978-3-319-25268-1 doi
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|