Somethingtofoodabout : exploring creativity with innovative chefs / Questlove ; with Ben Greenman ; photography by Kyoko Hamada.
- Other Title:
- Something to food about
- First edition.
- New York : Clarkson Potter/Publishers, 
239 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 28 cm
- Cooks -- United States -- Interviews.
Dinners and dining -- United States.
Gastronomy -- United States.
Dinners and dining -- United States -- Songs and music.
- ""The frontman of hip-hop stars The Roots and bandleader for Jimmy Fallon's The Tonight Show draws on conversations with 10 cutting-edge chefs, including Ludo Lefebvre, Dominique Crenn and Nathan Myrfvold, to offer inspirational insights into their creative culinary processes,"--NoveList.
- Foreword / by Anthony Bourdain
"There is a history of food, but it's also the most ephemeral of the performing arts, because you can't record it" : Nathan Myhrvold
"You have to understand the ground rules so that you can decide when to break them" : Daniel Humm
"I think becoming obsessed over control, especially in the restaurant world, is insane" : Michael Solomonov
"Don't show 'em what you got, at least not right away" : Ludo Lefebvre
"When an idea is a success, you close it down" : Dave Beran
"When you eat meat the way you should, it's a very mindful process" : Jesse Griffiths
"Over time I started to realize that it was okay to embrace my roots" : Donald Link
"For me food is art. I have a brush in my hand and this brush is a knife" : Dominique Crenn
"While we're being chefs we might as well rethink institutional cooking: hospitals, prisons, schools" : Daniel Patterson
"In some cuisines, what you're looking at, at the highest level, is a competent reproduction" : Ryan Roadhouse
- Local notes:
- Acquired for the Penn Libraries with assistance from the Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Greenman, Ben, author.
Myhrvold, Nathan, interviewee.
Humm, Daniel, interviewee.
Solomonov, Michael, interviewee.
Lefebvre, Ludovic, interviewee.
Beran, Dave, interviewee.
Crenn, Dominique, interviewee.
Link, Donald, interviewee.
Patterson, Daniel, 1968- interviewee.
Griffiths, Jesse, interviewee.
Roadhouse, Ryan, interviewee.
Hamada, Kyoko, photographer.
Edwin B. Cole Memorial Fund.
- Publisher Number:
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|