Producing for the theatre : the business of the theatre. James Donovan [electronic resource] / produced by TMW Media Group.
- Los Angeles, CA : TMW Media Group, 2005.
- Theatre in video
1 online resource (50 min.)
- Theater -- Production and direction -- Law and legislation.
Theatrical producers and directors.
Theater -- Law and legislation.
Television talk shows.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- This series describes the business aspect of producing the play, how you raise the money to capitalize a play or musical, structuring budgets to account for pre-production and 'running' costs, and developing a marketing/publicity and advertising plan. It features theater professionals, including noted publicist David Elzer; Michael Gill, general manager for such productions as Mamma Mia, Phantom of the Opera, and Hairspray; an entertainment lawyer; a theatrical venture capitalist; and an advertising executive from Sorrino-Coyne, the commercial theatre's top advertising agency; who offer insights into forming a contract and negotiating. The discussions are both dynamic and informative and offer insights into how you form a contract and behind the scenes negotiations that are vital for all aspects of theatre production.
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 24, 2015).
- Merrick, Mike, host.
Wishna, Jack, interviewee.
Donovan, James, interviewee.
Alexander Street Press.
TMW Media Group, production company.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|