American contemporary theater. Straight [electronic resource] / written & performed by David Schmader ; directed by Jeff Meyers.
- Other Title:
- Straight : a conversion comedy
- Los Angeles, CA : TMW Media Group, 2002.
- Theatre in video
1 online resource (131 min.)
- Gay men -- Drama.
Homosexuality -- Drama.
Homosexuality -- Religious aspects -- Christianity -- Drama.
Sexual orientation -- Psychological aspects -- Drama.
- Filmed performances.
- In English.
- System Details:
- data file
- Straight is a hilarious and subversive excursion into the world of conversion therapy, where gays and lesbians are reputedly 'cured' of their homosexuality and made 'straight.' Join acclaimed writer/performer David Schmader as he plunges into the heart of this dangerous territory. Schmader, a gay man, pulls no punches with either the conversionists or the gay community in this one-man show -- attending sessions with a German psychoanalyst, going undercover at 'ex-gay' support groups, and engaging in an intensive crash course in Christian heterosexuality ... deep in the heart of Texas. Straight pulls no punches. Schmader deploys a wry honesty that spares neither Christian conversionists nor the unconverted in this uproarious take on sexual reprogramming. Blending an essayists insight with the spark of stand-up comedy, Schmader confronts difficult questions, rejects easy answers, and gets to the bottom of what it means to be 'straight.'
- Title from resource description page (viewed June 24, 2015).
- Meyers, Jeff, director.
Schmader, David, actor, author.
Alexander Street Press.
- Access Restriction:
- Restricted for use by site license.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|