Cases of conflict : transboundary disputes and the development of international environmental law / Allen L. Springer.
- [Toronto] : University of Toronto Press, 
xii, 260 pages : maps ; 23 cm
- Environmental law, International -- Cases.
Boundary disputes -- Cases.
Environmental law, International.
- Trials, litigation, etc.
- "Cases of Conflict focuses on times of dispute as important moments in the development of international environmental law. Conflict tests international law--both its content and its relevance become clearer in times of controversy--but conflict can also help shape the law. Drawing from a growing body of scholarship connecting the fields of international relations and international law, Cases of Conflict focuses on six transboundary disputes to demonstrate how these disputes have influenced the development of international environmental law and policy. Embracing their rich detail and real-world messiness, this book looks to develop a better understanding of the true content and potential of international environmental law"--Back cover.
- Constructive conflicts
Trail smelter and beyond : evolving regimes, emerging principles
Baia Mare cyanide spill
MOX at Sellafield
Voyage of the Clemenceau
Uruguayan pulp mills
From conflict to law.
- Includes bibliographical references (pages 235-250) and index.
- Other format:
- Springer, Allen L, author. Cases of conflict.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|