Funding policies and the nonprofit sector in Western Canada : evolving relationships in a changing environment / edited by Peter R. Elson.
- Toronto ; Buffalo ; London : University of Toronto Press, 
- Institute of Public Administration of Canada series in public management and governance.
Institute of Public Administration of Canada series in public management and governance
ix, 278 pages : illustrations ; 24 cm.
- Human services -- Canada, Western -- Finance.
Nonprofit organizations -- Canada, Western -- Finance.
Nonprofit organizations -- Government policy -- Canada, Western.
Charities -- Canada, Western -- Finance.
Charities -- Government policy -- Canada, Western.
Charities -- Finance.
Charities -- Government policy.
Human services -- Finance.
Nonprofit organizations -- Finance.
Nonprofit organizations -- Government policy.
- "Funding Policies and the Nonprofit Sector in Western Canada offers a detailed yet accessible account of nonprofit funding policies in a region characterized by fiscal conservatism, a cyclical resource-based economy, and a growing share of Canada's population and GDP. The chapters in this collection offer compelling and candid analyses of the realities of nonprofit funding in Western Canada. Each combines practical insights with academic rigour, providing critical historical context and an up-to-date profile of funding for services. For each province, a leading practitioner has provided an insider perspective into a specific regime or organization: nonprofit housing in British Columbia; the politics of social policy in Alberta; sport, culture, and recreation, and lottery funds in Saskatchewan; and community economic development in Manitoba. Written by leading researchers and practitioners, Funding Policies and the Nonprofit Sector in Western Canada offers a solid foundation on which policymakers, scholars, and practitioners alike can examine the challenges and opportunities of the contemporary funding environment."-- Provided by publisher.
- Introduction: Funding regimes : from the outside looking in / Susan D. Phillips
Western Canada's nonprofit landscape / Peter R. Elson
Adapting to British Columbia's new era and moving beyond : relationship building, funding, and the nonprofit sector / Evert Lindquist with Thea Vakil
The power of collective voice in influencing funding policy for the nonprofit housing sector in British Columbia / Jill Atkey and Karen Stone
Alberta's social policy : the neoliberal legacy of the Klein reforms / Nilima Sonpal-Valias, Lori Sigurdson, and Peter R. Elson
Alberta's Persons with Developmental Disabilities Community Governance Act and the system to provide services / Keith Seel
The Alberta Mentoring Partnership / Liz O'Neill, Marni Pearce, Ken Dropko, and W.H. (Wilma) Haas
Provincial funding of human service community-based organizations in Saskatchewan / Joseph Garcea and Gloria Desantis
Funding policy and the Provincial Lottery : sport, culture, and recreation in Saskatchewan / Lynn Gidluck
A patchwork of funding relationships in Manitoba : from principal-agent to co-governance / Sid Frankel and Karine Levasseur
Mainstreaming community economic development in Manitoba / Brendan Reimer, Kirsten Bernas, and Monica Adeler
Funding policies and the nonprofit sector in Western Canada / Peter R. Elson.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Elson, Peter R., 1948- author, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|