Yogasūtrabhāṣya, circa 1700-1850. = योगसूत्रभाष्य, १७००-१८५०.
- circa 1700-1850.
1 item (38 leaves) : paper ; 13 x 29 cm.
- Hindu philosophy.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 18th century.
Manuscripts, Sanskrit -- 19th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 18th century.
Manuscripts -- India -- 19th century.
- In Sanskrit (Devanāgarī)
- Manuscript is a philosophical work on Yoga and Sāṃkhya principles attributed to the (likely) 4th century A.D. author Patañjali and consists of his commentary (Bhāṣya) on his Yogasūtra as well as a super commentary by Vācaspatimiśra. Manuscript is incomplete.
- Title from abbreviations in margins; alternate title Yogabhāṣya from title page (f. 1r); title of super commentary Yogabhāṣyaṭīkā from title page (f. 1r).
Written in 7-13 lines per leaf.
38 leaves foliated 1-33, 76-77, 81-83, upper left and lower right verso.
Mistakes blacked out; some corrections and additions in margins.
- Cited in:
- Listed in H.I. Poleman, Census of Indic Manuscripts in the United States and Canada (New Haven, Conn.: American Oriental Society, 1938), Poleman 3590 (UP 1924).
- Cited as:
- UPenn Ms. Coll. 390, Item 1924.
- Vācaspatimiśra, 1420-1490. Yogabhāṣyaṭīkā.
- Contained In:
- Collection of Indic Manuscripts. Item 1924
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|