Theatre, Walnut Street, Vox Populi. Doors open at a quarter after 6. Curtain rises at a quarter after 7. First Night Of the New Petite Comedy called Rhyme & Reason; or, My Friend from Town. In which Mr. Wilkinson Will sustain his Original character of Mr. Pindarus Pump, Written expressly for him. Friday Evening, April 5, 1833. Will be presented the interesting Drama of the Peasant Boy. Julian (The Peasant Boy,), Mr. Rowbotham. ... : After which, 1st time in this city, the New Petite Comedy of Rhyme & Reason; or, My Friend from Town. Mr. Pindarus Pump, Mr. Wilkinson. ...
- Other Title:
- Peasant Boy
Rhyme & Reason; or, My Friend from Town
Rhyme & Reason
My Friend from Town
- [Philadelphia] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Print Collection 8 ; v. 28 no. 21.
1 sheet ( page) : illustration ; 44.8 x 15 cm
- Walnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Rhyme & Reason; or, My Friend from Town.
Playbills -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Specimens.
Theaters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Printed area measures 39.5 x 11.4 cm.
Performance date: April 5, 1833.
- Local notes:
- Print Collection 8 copy is v. 28 no. 21 in a collection of playbills bound together.
Print Collection 8 copy has Library of the University of Pennsylvania bookplate which reads " The Horace Howard Furness Memorial donated by Horace Howard Furness, Jr. and Louise Brooks Winsor Furness."
- Penn Provenance:
- Furness, Horace Howard, 1865-1930 (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
Furness, Louise Brooks Winsor (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wilkinson, James Pimbury, 1787- actor.
Playbill and Program Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Philadelphia Theater Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|