Theatre, Walnut Street, Vox Populi. Doors will be opened at a quarter after 6 o'clock. Curtain rises at a quarter after 7. Box 75, Pit 37, Gallery 25 cents. Last Night but one of Mr. Wilkinson's engagement. By particular desire the celebrated Drama of Victorine, Bonassus, Mr. Wilkinson. this Drama is distinguished from others of the same name, by the superior arrangement of its plot, the truth and force of its characters, the clearness of its incidents, and the excellence of its moral. Thursday Evening, May 2, 1833. Will be presented for the Last Time, the highly popular Drama of Victorine, or, I'll Sleep On It. In Three Parts. Part First. Alexandre, a Scamp, aged 23, Mr. Wood. ... : Previous to which the Laughable Farce of the Prisoner at Large. Muns, Mr. Wilkinson. ...
- Other Title:
- Victorine, or, I'll Sleep On It
I'll Sleep On It
Prisoner at Large
- [Philadelphia] : [Publisher not identified], 
- Print Collection 8 ; v. 28 no. 23.
1 sheet ( page) : illustration ; 45 x 14.8 cm
- Walnut Street Theatre (Philadelphia, Pa.)
Buckstone, John Baldwin, 1802-1879. Victorine.
O'Keeffe, John, 1747-1833. Prisoner at large.
Playbills -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia -- Specimens.
Theaters -- Pennsylvania -- Philadelphia.
- Place of Publication:
- United States Pennsylvania Philadelphia.
- Printed area measures 42 x 11.5 cm.
Performance date: May 2, 1833.
- Local notes:
- Print Collection 8 copy is v. 28 no. 23 in a collection of playbills bound together.
Print Collection 8 copy has Library of the University of Pennsylvania bookplate which reads " The Horace Howard Furness Memorial donated by Horace Howard Furness, Jr. and Louise Brooks Winsor Furness."
- Penn Provenance:
- Furness, Horace Howard, 1865-1930 (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
Furness, Louise Brooks Winsor (donor) (Print Collection 8 copy)
- Penn Chronology:
- Wilkinson, James Pimbury, 1787- actor.
Playbill and Program Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
Philadelphia Theater Collection (University of Pennsylvania)
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|