Roots and routes of displacement and trauma : from analysis to advocacy and policy to practice / edited by Soheila Pashang and Sheila Gruner.
- Oakville, Ontario : Rock's Mills Press, 2015.
xvi, 321 pages ; 24 cm
- "A ground-breaking examination of displacement and its traumatic outcomes in the Canadian and global context, with an emphasis on the root causes of displacement, its history and effects, and key social work methodologies and best practices for working with immigrants who are survivors of displacement and trauma"--Publisher.
- Introduction / Soheila Pashang and Sheila Gruner
pt. 1. Roots and Routes: Contexts of displacement. Bridging theory: A critical and decolonizing approach to displacement and trauma / Sheila Gruner
2. Restoring ourselves as indigenous nations: An Anishinabe Kew's perspective
3. Environmental migration: A critical review of concepts, policy and literature / Sephehr Pashang.
4. Problems of territory, nationhood and the "Stateless": The situation facing Roma / Neil Cruickshank
5. "That thing": HIV/AIDS trauma, stigma and displacement / Jennifer Clarke and Soheila Pashang
6. Mayan resistance to mining development and displacement in Guatemala: A new vision for life / Edgar Godoy
7. War, displacement and trauma / Ezat Mossallanejad.
pt. 2. Politics of displacement and trauma. 8. The social and political context of Iraqi refugee women's trauma / Sajedeh Zahraei
9. Gender and trauma: The case of Afghanistan / Sharifa Sharif
10. The politics of death: Situatiing immigrants, refugees and asylum seekers / Soheila Pashang
11. Life in limbo: Depathologizing trauma / Angie Arora, Ezat Mossallenejad and Rubaiyat Karim
12. Working as the "other": Migration, race, gender and wellbeing / Tania Das Gupta.
pt. 3. Action, policy and practice. 13. Ethical considerations in working with refugees / Donald Payne
14. Barriers to accessing health care for refugees, government policy and the health care communities' response / Doug Gruner, Janet Cleveland, Laila Demirdache and Kevin Pottie
15. Race-based stigma as a determinant of access and support in black mothers' experience of loss to gun violence / Annette Bailey, Jennifer Clarke and Bukola Salami
16. From displacement and residential schools to art, archive and healing / Jonathan Dewar
17. Art as a tool for resistance and recovery / Bethany Osborne.
- Includes bibliographical references and index.
- Pashang, Soheila, editor.
|Location||Notes||Your Loan Policy|
|Description||Status||Barcode||Your Loan Policy|